Dear Johan,

Virtually _all_ the variables are available because of the include 'TOTAL' statement.

Geometry is in arrays xm1,ym1,zm1.   N^3 x Nel is the data layout for all arrays, save
for surface variables such as unit normals and surface area of each face of each element.
(unx,uny,unz,area).

Paul

From: nek5000-users-bounces@lists.mcs.anl.gov [nek5000-users-bounces@lists.mcs.anl.gov] on behalf of nek5000-users@lists.mcs.anl.gov [nek5000-users@lists.mcs.anl.gov]
Sent: Friday, September 23, 2016 8:46 AM
To: nek5000-users@lists.mcs.anl.gov
Subject: [Nek5000-users] Definition of variables in the .usr file?

Dear All,


Is there any documentation of all variables that I have available in the .usr file?


For example, in the User Guide it is explained you to modify a mesh for a straight pipe into a pipe with a width that varies along it.

You use then


* The variable "ntot". Which I guess is the number of vertices, but i it?

* The variable "ym1", which seems to be a 4D tensor. Here you change the element ym1(i,1,1,1) for i = 1,ntot. Is this the y-position of the verices? What alse does ym1 contain?


These and other variables are variables that I would appreciate to know the definition of. Is it available somwhere?


Best,


Johan