Re: Converting problem from .msh to NEK5000 format


  1. is your fluent mesh in binary format ? I think you should have it ascii format.
  2. or, as an alternative, you should try exo2nek utility. if you have access to ICEM, you could import your mesh in ICEM, and export your mesh to exodus format. Then exo2nek will convert it to re2 format. 



Haomin (Kirk) Yuan


From: Nek5000-users <nek5000-users-bounces@lists.mcs.anl.gov> on behalf of nek5000-users-request@lists.mcs.anl.gov <nek5000-users-request@lists.mcs.anl.gov>
Sent: Tuesday, May 29, 2018 12:00:13 PM
To: nek5000-users@lists.mcs.anl.gov
Subject: Nek5000-users Digest, Vol 111, Issue 26
 
Send Nek5000-users mailing list submissions to
        nek5000-users@lists.mcs.anl.gov

To subscribe or unsubscribe via the World Wide Web, visit
        https://lists.mcs.anl.gov/mailman/listinfo/nek5000-users
or, via email, send a message with subject or body 'help' to
        nek5000-users-request@lists.mcs.anl.gov

You can reach the person managing the list at
        nek5000-users-owner@lists.mcs.anl.gov

When replying, please edit your Subject line so it is more specific
than "Re: Contents of Nek5000-users digest..."


Today's Topics:

   1. Converting problem from .msh to NEK5000 format
      (nek5000-users@lists.mcs.anl.gov)


----------------------------------------------------------------------

Message: 1
Date: Tue, 29 May 2018 16:28:32 +0200 (CEST)
From: nek5000-users@lists.mcs.anl.gov
To: nek5000-users <nek5000-users@lists.mcs.anl.gov>
Subject: [Nek5000-users] Converting problem from .msh to NEK5000
        format
Message-ID:
        <mailman.2678.1527604367.86639.nek5000-users@lists.mcs.anl.gov>
Content-Type: text/plain; charset="utf-8"

Hello Neks,

I have mesh file .msh format and I was trying to convert into NEK5000 format using mshconvert.py but I face some troubles in the function of scan_fluent_mesh.

I get this error : IOError: Something went wrong reading fluent mesh.

Could you please tell me why?

I can send you the mesh file and it may help you understand the problem.

Do I have to change anything in the .msh file normally?


Thanks

Sijo GEORGE
-------------- next part --------------
An HTML attachment was scrubbed...
URL: <http://lists.mcs.anl.gov/pipermail/nek5000-users/attachments/20180529/67eedc6b/attachment-0001.html>

------------------------------

Subject: Digest Footer

_______________________________________________
Nek5000-users mailing list
Nek5000-users@lists.mcs.anl.gov
https://lists.mcs.anl.gov/mailman/listinfo/nek5000-users


------------------------------

End of Nek5000-users Digest, Vol 111, Issue 26
**********************************************