Dear Neks,


I have modified the turbChannel example (available in v17.0) to a WRLES flat plate test case and validated it against DNS data.

One step further, I am now imposing traction boundary condition on the wall, i.e tauw (TRX,TRZ) and computing the wall shear stress thanks to torque_calc routine. The computed wall shear stress corresponds to the one I am imposing. However the fluid accelerates at the wall and never converges to a value.


1. The wall shear stress in correct but the velocity increases over time. How can this be possible ?

2. Are you aware of the formalism surrounding traction boundary condition in the discrete equations ?


Sincerely,

Armand.

--
Armand Shams
Master Thesis Intern
Département aérodynamique, aéroélasticité, acoustique
MSAT
Tél: +33 6 99 51 15 84


ONERA - The French Aerospace Lab - Centre de Meudon
8, rue des Vertugadins - 92190 MEUDON

Nous suivre sur : www.onera.fr | Twitter |  LinkedIn | Facebook


Avertissement/disclaimer https://www.onera.fr/en/emails-terms