Hi Neks, I was doing pitching and plunging simulation of airfoil. I could successfully rotate the foil with smoothing function. Thank to you all who helped me. Now as a part of validation, I have to impose a forced motion. For that, I found a good paper where a complex exponential function( e^ iwt ) as the velocity of the foil. My question is, is it possible to give a complex number to give as an input to the mesh velocity ? Sorry if its a foolish question. Thanks Sijo
Hi Sijo, You'll have to convert this to sin(omega t) and perhaps addition of cos(omega t) Paul ________________________________ From: Nek5000-users <[email protected]> on behalf of [email protected] <[email protected]> Sent: Tuesday, March 6, 2018 1:00:24 PM To: nek5000-users Subject: [Nek5000-users] Complex number as mesh velocity Hi Neks, I was doing pitching and plunging simulation of airfoil. I could successfully rotate the foil with smoothing function. Thank to you all who helped me. Now as a part of validation, I have to impose a forced motion. For that, I found a good paper where a complex exponential function( e^ iwt ) as the velocity of the foil. My question is, is it possible to give a complex number to give as an input to the mesh velocity ? Sorry if its a foolish question. Thanks Sijo
participants (1)
-
nek5000-users@lists.mcs.anl.gov